Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Patience with Persistence...and always Prayer

I have had some moments over the last year that have left me with lingering feelings about what God would have done in my life.  These moments rush in with a sense of urgency and leave me feeling so grateful that God would entrust me to carry out His will.  I immediately want to throw caution to the wind and act on these feelings but often find roadblocks along the way.  

I have learned the importance of patience and continued trust in God, and more recently, the importance of persistence.  These roadblocks do not necessarily mean that those moments were not of God.  The enemy is constantly at work and would hate to have God's will fulfilled through me.  So I must press on and continue to pray and hear the voice of truth above all the other voices.  

I have also learned that I cannot just sit back and wait for what God spoke to me to fall in my lap.  I must act on it as He directs me to.  Once again, it's gotten hard to keep my priority focused on the Lord....so...I think it's time for peanut butter and jelly prayer (see my previous post Peanut Butter and Jelly, August 24, 2014)!  

This post brought a great song to my mind.  Here's the link:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9pv5wVS7yzk

No comments:

Post a Comment