Friday, April 11, 2014

Love

These words were shared with Matthew and I on our wedding day…Love takes pleasure in the flowering of truth, puts up with anything, trusts God always, always looks for the best, never looks back, but keeps going till the end, trusts steadily in God, hopes unswervingly, loves extravagantly.


I've been learning a lot lately about God and love.  The authors of The Love Dare, a devotional for couples, say that love is not just a feeling, it is a decision.  This makes sense to me because God is the source of all love.  So I'm realizing that even when I'm feeling hurt by someone or I feel my love has run dry, I can make two choices...turn toward myself or turn toward God; the source of all love.  God can allow the love that I need to flow through me and out to others in my life.  With God's help, I can love extravagantly.  Yet another reason to stay always connected to God and continually deepen my relationship with him! 

No comments:

Post a Comment