Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Learning

I am grateful for God's presence in my life.  I started praying and praising Him for who He is almost a year ago.  About four months ago, I started reading my Bible on a consistent basis.  As I have knocked once again on God's door, He has answered with arms wide open.  God has blessed me with new understandings and the privilege of His Holy Spirit working in my life.  Great is His faithfulness!

I have learned that forgiveness is the right choice even when it seems undeserved.  I have learned that love is a choice because God is love and can give us love for those we may find unlovable.  I have learned that you don't give up on something if you don't know that you have done everything God has called you to do about it and can feel at peace with your decision.  I have learned that it's OK to go to God in all things big and small and it is good to have this constant communication with Him.

I have been made more aware of the battle being waged every day with the enemy and the importance of protecting myself with God's sword and shield.  I am more aware of the enemy at work in the lives of others and the lies being whispered in their ears (and mine for that matter) that causes them to waiver on what God would have them do.

I am grateful  for the clarity He has given me and for the truths He has shown me.  I know there is so much more to learn and I am grateful that He is still willing to show me no matter how much time I've spent trying to do life on my own.  

No comments:

Post a Comment